Wednesday, July 4, 2018

So What's Up With Those See Through Front Doors?

When I was a kid playing with this house, I never pondered why there was not one solid door or wall (closet and its doors notwithstanding), I just knew this set was big, bright, airy and afforded countless hours of play. So, now that I am a grown up, after countless hours studying, renovating and loving this house, I wonder, just what is the real life inspiration behind those breezy front doors? While I have previously posted real life photos of wrought iron patio gates that lead to a home's front doors that look like our house's front doors, I found some new images that may help shed more light (no pun intended) on this subject. Here you can see the house is heavily influenced by mid century mod architectural cues. Luckily, this trend has returned to pop cultural awareness, and there are even companies making decorative breeze blocks again. =-)















No comments:

Post a Comment