Sunday, June 17, 2018

Disassembly and Repainting Video Tutorial

Not by me, but it gives you a working idea of what to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctinnMRmmKM


It's an excellent example of refurbishing a pink 1980's Barbie A Frame Play House

Bring back an old garage sale find to it's original sparkle!


One of the things I love the most about these houses is the play of light upon it. It seems to glow in the afternoon sunlight. 

Personally, I use Rustoleum flat white to restore houses, it will take two cans to get a second coat on everything, including post covers. 




1 comment:

  1. I am about to attempt to refurbish an original A frame dream house and cottage. I found both, with some original furniture! They are missing windows, some doors, and planter boxes. Your houses are beautiful and your blog has inspired me so much! I’m anxious about this process but your tips are very helpful. Any advice for re-painting the roof pieces?

    ReplyDelete