Friday, May 7, 2010

Other Products: Late 1970's Barbie Scale Boat and Trailer


Fair enough, this has no direct link to the A Frame house we all love so much. I included this post for several reasons. One, its just a cool unusual toy that I had never seen before a few weeks ago, two it IS yellow, orange and white, like the house, three, it could make a cool addition to an A Frame set up and lastly, I have received feedback to include more related toys on the blog. I think this set came out around 1970 or maybe a bit after. It looks like it matches the original 1972 camper. UPDATE: I have since found out that this is a reincarnation of a Big Jim set. Big Jim if you dont know was sort of a Brawny Mountain Man for little boys to play with. He had a camping 'friend' and they did things like go fishing, hunting and other 'manly' stuff together. Kind of like the two fellows from Brokeback Mountain. Anyway, some of the sets were molded in different colors for Barbie and Ken, for example the Western Barbie Horse trailor and truck for Dallas was first a desert truck for Big Jim. I had a 1983 Alvin and the Chipmunks tour van that when I sold it to a comic book/toy store the owner recognized it as a re-do of the 1970's Big Jim Camper (for 2) funny, they never did make a girlfriend...

No comments:

Post a Comment