Wednesday, August 12, 2020

A Frame Goes Hollywood!

 Was flipping the channels yesterday and saw an old Olson twins movie with our beloved property. It reminded me of when I would watch Grace Under Fire, and the son's room had the Masters of the Universe Eternia play set (on Roseanne, DJ's room often showed Castle Grayskull), and the daughter's had the Strawberry Shortcake Berry Happy Home house in the back ground. 

When this came out, the pink house would not have been that old, and I wonder if they didn't use the middle section because it would have been too large and stolen the focus. Glad I found this 90's 'gem'. 



In Married with Children, season two, episode 14, titled 'Guys and Dolls', features Peg and Marcy recapturing childhood memories with Barbie while Al and Steve go off baseball card hunting.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I'm looking for information on how to ship an assembled 1977-78 dream house. I'm preparing to list for sale on Ebay (w/ some furniture). :) I saw you had one post on shipping the house, but not sure if it was for assembled or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is for sure Unassembled. Trust me, it's better for the following reasons: less expensive, you just need a screwdriver and instructions for disassembly and re assembly, it helps prevent damage during shipment (the shippers REALLY throw stuff around and let it get crushed by a mountain of other boxes on top) and I actually enjoy the building process. Just be sure to use large bubble bubble wrap, especially insulating the sides, and avoid styrofoam popcorn, it just makes a total mess looking for little parts that may have gotten lost in all that.

    ReplyDelete