Saturday, September 29, 2018

A Frame Dining Room Staging and Inventory - Compare and Contrast


 I finally got through all of my storage and I uncovered a ton of kitchen items, I had a few bags of 70s kitchen stuff, and realized I had multiples of some items, so I compiled as complete a set as I could for my personal China Hutch and had all these leftover pieces, namely 3 bud vases, 2 tall coffee pots, a tea pot and 2 pitchers, plus scores of saucers and cups. I gather that many of you like staging the house like it is seen on the box photos. So, here are clear shots of what originally came with the hutch, mainly it a place setting for four. I had white shakers and pink goblets, so it was confusing to know what came with the blue hutch verses the later pink one. It seems they reversed the colors on some but not all of the items. Speaking of color, I still have the one hutch that heat faded to green, I am actually leaving it on my sunny kitchen window sill this week to even out and intensify  the color, I am kind of torn, I love that my blue hutch is still factory blue like its new, but the green one seems more '70's cohesive' in color scheme, almost matching the green desk. I had a factory pink vanity, but sold it in favor of my faded to salmon color vanity because the entire bathroom set I have is salmon colored so I thought it was a better match, plus the pink one reminded me too much of bubble gum.





The white set below as some of you might know is the 70s Sindy set, (from Australia or UK?), For it's time and that it was off brand (I have the hutch and dining room furniture), I am impressed with the quality, the setting is very high end with the candelabras, china and flatware. Gloria has been good as well about producing mansion quality kitchenware at bargain basement prices. 
Below is my own personal Sindy dining room, set with Gloria crystal, china and flatware. The model is Jane Seymour as Solitaire in Live and Let Die. She always goes well with my 70's dioramas. These rooms don't cost much to make, just some 99 cent store foam board, contact paper and hand made (mostly from magazine clippings) art and rug. The table cloth is a mens handkerchief from Walmart. 

 Many people, myself included, have custom painted and staged the pink and white gloria sets, they are well made, so totally worth the wait from China, there are even US sellers, but usually its still cheaper from Asia, I normally buy 3-5 sets at a time so I won't need to order (wait) again for awhile. The scale is perfect (larger than Mattel), can be painted any color, and since the table is really large one can set very grand functions.
 This is as it comes, just hope you get the 'cut crystal' glassware version, and not the plain glasses.
 The other Gloria set I am not as wild about, but is arguably one of the best out there. Bravo on the room diorama!
As I am fixated on translucent things, it started with the yellow hampster tunnels as a child, This is my current dining room set up. I still never got a complete set of blue dining room chairs, but I do have these 4 yellow ones from the Barbie electronic (talking?) house from awhile back. The translucent green dish/kitchen set I believe dates back to the 60's based on it's design. That's another reason why I like getting big mixed bags of stuff on ebay. There's always a great rare piece if you look long enough, then you can compile great collections like this one below. At one point, I amassed a large set of 60's pink and blue formal china and flatware that I sold as a lot, the buyer was thrilled to get it and the profits helped to pay for the pieces I keep.
Speaking of green, here is a hutch i picked up a few years ago as part of a larger lot, I kept it because it was different- it is green! It's a nice alternative to the baby blue original, and it goes well with my salmon colored bathroom set and striped of the stripes green living room set. It's currently for sale on ebay now.


Speaking of fading and collecting, if you are picky like me, it pays to get a few duplicates of the items you are interested in to raid for parts and upgrade to the best of the best, plus, had I not bought this second Ferrari, then I would not have realized there was the sultry dark merlot color and also a bright candy apple red version:

Naturally, I was raiding the 2nd purchase for parts (namely the windshield) and immediately noticed the variation. I have since restored the lighter red just for fun prior to selling it back on Feebay sans the glass. I do plan to make Sculpey side view mirrors for all the cars, I have 3 Ferraris and a grey corvette, so I think I will make all side view mirrors black for ease of production, wish me luck! FYI- for anything large, previously shiny and presently scuffed/scratched, use the good old standard I have referenced before, MacGuire's PlastX auto finish cream, make sure surface is debris free, buff on with a SOFT and CLEAN rag, use gloves, buff to a high shine, windex and you're done. May not remove the yellow from windows and windshields, but its super glossy after. I found it very easy using white sticker labels from the office supply place to reproduce missing car stickers/decals, I taped off the sides to sharpie in the black stripe, new seatbelts were fashioned out of black paper and I had extra license plates via the DMV specialty plate brochure. I need to pick up a real estate magazine to cut out some mini maps to include with the cars. I made a replacement gear shift out of a q tip clipped with toe nail clippers to proper length, and sharpie'd black. =-) 
Cleaned up chairs with upholstry and padding removed:
Perhaps the real life inspiration to our 77 piece: 




dinging room furniture 1977 dream line accessories staging

No comments:

Post a Comment