Tuesday, October 16, 2018

More Staging Tips

You can create and improve on these rooms any way you wish (one of the reasons why I love this house, the smaller rooms in the new house you cannot do this with). I found the rock cubes in a thrift store, I still have no idea what they are, but they work so well in mini rooms. The black squares are felt coasters I spray painted black for a wrought iron effect, and the potted plants are 99 cent store. The patio furniture is late '80s Arco (not bad, I just wish I had the chaise lounges to match). 1971 Malibu Ken look on as he tends the BBQ. 

 Also Arco is the jacuzzi tub. It came in blue and brown originally, then pink and purple, this one I sprayed the inside with auto metallic blue spray paint (highest quality I have ever used, worth the extra cost for a flawless finish), the outside is dark brown, though any shade will do, take the time to spray it so the wood grain will really pop. The mix drinks are drink stirrer tops from cost plus world market with the sticks snapped off, they are the perfect scale. I never did find a pair of sunglasses that 1978 Ken can actually wear.

Speaking of backyard ideas, I love the idea of a gazebo and or hot tub combo:

I noticed my 1978 Star Wars Cantina play set has a brown version of the flagstone floors and it got me thinking...How about his cool, miniature zen herb garden retreat upgraded add on for Barbie's house? The little blow mold form table counters are very reminiscent of the 1978 Sundae's Liddle Kiddle line. They are easily obtained on ebay rather inexpensively and of course can be customized in any way your imagination can think of: 



No comments:

Post a Comment