Friday, October 26, 2018

Changing to Part Time Status

So, as you know I have been keeping this blog up for quite a few years. I have bought and restored about 8 (maybe more) of these houses since 2008. I have often let the blog alone for a year and then come back with fresh ideas. Some of you might remember the weird google reboot when most of the photos were lost until a very helpful follower let me know to log back into an old account and it would repopulate the lost photos, thankfully it worked or this blog would still be a wasteland of random post text and not much else. I have watched the page views balloon to over 100,000, members grow to over 50 and lots of encouraging comments. Lately, I have been trying to reply, I write them, click reply and they don't appear.

I think I have just about fully covered every topic I can regarding the house. Thus, I have drifted into another aspect of my collecting which is crafting dioramas using vintage Ideal, Renwal, Marx and Plasco furniture and action figures, Barbies and PVC figures as the characters. I have started a Twitter account (@Miniopolous) to promote it, but so far havent figured out how to gain any traction. I started a Facebook profile (Johnny D'Plasticio) to post the narration along with the photos. I would call it a cross between Robot Chicken and The Far Side. I would love it if my loyal followers here could follow/friend me on that account to support me there (feedback welcome so I can improve). I have truly enjoyed making this blog and will always look back fondly. I look forward to posting funny scenes with my new hobby and I hope you all will follow me on the journey. =-)

dedicated blog/site:

https://welcometominiopolis.blogspot.com

FB Profile: Johnny D'Plasticio

FB Hobby Group: Mid Century & Mod 1/16 Scale Mini Plastic Furniture




https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100029023874669


4 comments:

  1. I can't find your Facebook profile - do you have a direct link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took these photos of the Dream House decorated for Christmas and used them on Christmas cards I made myself. It was my first attempt at creating my own cards. https://skippercollector.blogspot.com/2018/12/barbie-house-decorated-for-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. When decorating for Christmas when Barbie-sized, I discovered three sets of items years ago that are perfect for her.
    One is those tiny plastic Nativity sets made in Hong Kong by Shiny Brite. These things were a dime a dozen in the 1960s and 1970s, but they are getting increasingly hard to find.
    A second is cardboard jewelry gift boxes which can be wrapped and placed under the tree.
    Third is earrings that have lost their mates. Any small ones will work, no matter what they depict. However, they need to be either loops or wires, as studs will not stay on a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anybody interested in an A-frame that needs to be reassembled and some restoration? I'd like local pickup in Jacksonville, FL area.

    ReplyDelete