Friday, July 20, 2018

The 1982 Dream House Commercial - "Best Christmas Wishes"

I just today found this commercial, I thought there was only the original 1970's one that included the grandparents, but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNHWaFOcUGw

The commercial really shows off the beauty of the home. I noticed they always use little girls that are somewhat small in stature when advertising dollhouses so that the house looks bigger, and it does. Sometimes, on my knees I am that height so I can somewhat relive having the house when I was a wee tot. Admittedly, when I am done refurbishing these houses they look as good as the commercial making it all the more critical to restore them upon arrival rather than just immediately displaying.



Here they go again subtly elevating the house on a hidden platform to make it seem bigger. Its cheating, but then I like my house displayed at eye level to make it seem more impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment