Friday, July 13, 2012

Reinvented Cottage: July 2012 Edition





As most of you may know there is a post featuring the $1500 sushi restaurant cottage on ebay, the $800  Ken's swingin' bachelor pad (plus a 1978 A Frame ski lodge for Bratz) and the occasional one like this latest reinvention of the cottage. I like it, I dont love it. As the 1982 Cottage is so much rarer than the big house I dont condone modernizing these rarities. Theres so many other new dollhouses out there I dont find it necessary. It does look like they did a good job painting it though. I like the detail work on the french doors with frosted glass. I believe the lanterns and mailbox are black. I wonder if a lighter color for the lantern would have looked better. The 1978 Dream Furniture line also got a make over in chocolate brown to mimic wood. I wouldnt have gone the leopard print route but we all have individual tastes. Plus I think the bare wicker furniture looks a bit unfinished against everything else. It needs a plant, umbrella, BBQ or fire pit up there. I cant help but wonder where all the flower boxes went to. My personal cottage doesnt have one and I never see them in miscellaneous lots of Barbie odds 'n ends.





Ho ho hopeless...
1978 Mattel A Frame Barbie Dream Doll House Red roof yellow floors mod groovy 1970s 1980s custom OOAK 

No comments:

Post a Comment