Monday, November 1, 2010

2010 Mattel Special Offer: A "Refurbed" House


Oh, Em Gee! Could it be that they are re-issuing the classsic home we all love? Here is the ad Mattel has recently put out. I tried to confirm this notion and the website was down. Rumor has it that it is not a re-produced house, but rather a refurbished house retailing for $2,000. That is, just one that they have 'redone'. I have re-done 5 of these in the past year and average around $165 plus shipping for a complete house, no box. I am curious as to Mattel's process used to refurbish one of these beauties and wonder how flawless the final product is. It looks like they are either test marketing a reissue or just offering a fluke for the heck of it. Any info from the readers would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, Oh how sweet it is to be validated on one's obsession. I still say they should at least reissue spare parts like the patio triangles, closet, plants, windows and doors.

1 comment:

  1. Love this blog!

    I refurbed one of these about eight years ago- scoured ebay for a couple years to find furniture in mint condition, all of it- and I let it go for a song about five years ago (afraid the new cat would choke on the pieces, I should have packed it away instead) and have not stopped regretting it for a moment. Looking at the pics alone is enough to make me cry.

    If they reissued it...you'd hear me screaming...and grabbing my credit card.

    Great blog!

    bru

    ReplyDelete