Thursday, July 22, 2010

Renovation: New & Improved Planters/Flowerboxes and Fence



I'm happy with the embeleshed greenery. Some are from the dollar store, and some are pet store brand so should be available and affordable to everyone. There is monstera, other green plants, yellow and red flowers (not shown) that round out the factory assortment. I hope this gives you some ideas for your '78 California Contemporary. I am not a 'factory purist'. I think there is some room for improvement, plus it shows creativity. In the upstairs photo you can see the bedroom dresser I have thats faded to a really unique shade of salmon with pale orange drawers. The fence I am guessing goes to either a 1960's Barbie house or some kind of Arco backyard set. I dont know what the cardboard plants and stone planter are from but its a perfect match.



I noticed my 1978 Star Wars Cantina play set has a brown version of the flagstone floors and it got me thinking...How about his cool, miniature zen herb garden retreat upgraded add on for Barbie's house? The little blow mold form table counters are very reminiscent of the 1978 Sundae's Liddle Kiddle line. They are easily obtained on ebay rather inexpensively and of course can be customized in any way your imagination can think of: 



No comments:

Post a Comment