Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Frame House: Staircase








Some doll houses come with a staircase, usually spiral. Though our beloved California Contemporary did not, you can still retro fit one to it. The white spiral staircase pictured here is from the 1984 Glamour Home for Barbie. The black staircase above is the My scene party house. I will post a better photo of one retrofitted to the classic '78 home.












MGA Entertainment (Bratz) staircase. 


I wish I had kept my other Bratz staircase, I made them both like this: painted tan with wood grain contact paper steps, but would be a good fit for the 78 house painted white with yellow contact paper steps: 

It's almost a perfect fit. When I see the Bratz houses online, they are usually missing the stairs, so I am not sure where they are going, but they are increasingly rare. I am also saving the palm trees from them for this Malibu Dream House. 

I have been trying to score one the 1984 Glamour Home staircases but they are rare, so looks like about $60 when parted out on Feebay: 

If you look closely, the steps landing base has a subtle flagstone pattern reminiscent of the 1978 house floors; another reason why this should have been a thing with the 70s house and why it would go well with it, provided it was tall enough. 



Something like this would hav worked for the 78 Dream House; I used to see these houses in thrift shops but not so much anymore. 




2 comments:

  1. Frank,
    That staircase goes to the 1984 Barbie Glamour home, this house was sometimes called the Living Pretty home in Canada/Europe. Ironically, I found a staircase on ebay. Won it for 5.00 and put it in my A frame.
    It is a close fit for the A frame, and I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the clarification. I can't wait to acquire one and post the photo.

    ReplyDelete