Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Other Houses: The Purple Elephant in the Room...

I had seen this house over the years here and there online, and hadnt thought too much about it. After seeing some posts on Flickr.com I decided it was worth a second look. It has the weight, girth and presense of the legendary A Frame though it is visually dated to the late 80's early 90's. It does command far more money than the 1978 house as it is so much rarer. I suppose it is made with high density board with plastic supports, which is okay, but again I just prefer the changability and overall look of the orange and yellow house. But if the A frame had competition this would be it.



Okay, so our house doesn't 'light up'. I don't know there is just something that got terribly dated with this house in the early 90's and not in a good way. 







Generic wood kit version. 



2 comments:

  1. I just got this house MINT, and it is wonderful! Not like my A frame, but I do love it!
    Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new house. Is this the same one I remember seeing at Service Merchandise circa Christmas 1988? It was decorated with wreaths over the windows and lit up. It seemed to cost alot then, probably why it is so rare now. Personally, I am out of space in my house for any more houses, I dont know where you find the room for it all, Jae!

    ReplyDelete