Sunday, March 14, 2010

Other Houses: Blue Pool House, Home Made House & More!


I think this is the beach house from aound 1990? This is technically an A Frame. Since moving here to Palm Springs, California I have photographed (see other posts) so many houses that have similar architectural detail to the 1978 DreamHouse and they are definately California contemporary-not A frames. The ones that are actual A Frames are nicknamed 'swiss misses' and the roofs go all the way to the ground as in this photo. This should have been a ski lodge, but that would have made too much sense. I guess its not Mattels fault since they never called the 1978 Dreamhouse an A frame, only collecters dubbed it that.

And then there is this custom work…




If the 1978 A Frame Dreamhouse didn't exist, I think I may have fallen for this one (just not as much). It is also large, customizable and easily decorated: 


No comments:

Post a Comment